Wednesday, July 2, 2014

currently // july



wishing that I was waking up in California to these beautiful run-views, captured one morning in May... it sure is a thing of beauty (but I could never live there... I do love my sweet Virginia)



celebrating 'Merica! And summer, in general.

wearing anything light, loose, and airy - our first summer heat wave is in full effect. I manage to look pulled together for about 5 minutes total before we leave the house in the morning, and after that everything is just sweaty, limp-noodle status. Cute. 

cooking my mother-in-law's yummy pasta salad to serve at our annual BBQ / pool party on the 4th! She was sweet enough to pass the family recipe to me.

planning on having a good time with friends and family this weekend, then heading to the beach later this month for vacation. Yippee!

linking up with Anne and Jenna for currently - a monthly link up.

7 comments :

Victoria said...

Summer has a way of making me dream of my favorite places too!

Would you share your pasta salad recipe or is it a family secret? I've been hunting for a good recipe for that!

Enjoy your weekend and your beach trip coming up!

Stephanie @ My Freckled Life said...

I hate limp noodle status in the summer! I don't even bother straightening my hair anymore, because I know that it's just going to end up looking blah in 10 minutes anyway!

Jenna Griffin said...

Mmm, I love pasta salad! It sounds like you're going to have an amazing weekend! Thanks so much for linking up!

Lisa C said...

It took forever to dry my hair today. So much humidity. The pasta salad sounds tasty!

Anne said...

Sounds like great things to be planning and making - I love pasta salad and the beach :) Thanks for linking up!

Sienna said...

hope you had a great fourth! bbq and pool party is a great way to spend it!

The Lady Okie said...

One of my best friends recently moved to CA, and I'm looking for a half marathon to run while I'm there. Looking at those pictures makes me excited to run there!