I was woken up at 4:45 AM this morning by an aggressively snuggling kitten, which is either something out of a dream or a nightmare. HE JUST WANTED LOVE. I get that. But... it was a little over the top and he would not go away and therefore I am going to need an IV drip of caffeine to get me through this day, which is already scheduled to be extra long. Super! So what better day for a "coffee talk" post?? Grab a cuppa (or a glass of wine, depending on what time you're reading... no judgement here) and settle in.
- Since this is coffee talk, let's start with something actually coffee-related: the PSL (dun, dun, dunnn....) - we all know that I love all things fall, and I definitely love
allmost things pumpkin spice. However, I once calculated that your regularly-made, grande Pumpkin Spice Latte clocks in at a whopping 10 Points Plus. When I'm following WW, I only get 26 for the day - do I ever really want to spend more than a third of my daily points on one drink?? No, no I do not. (Additionally, I've seen all the article about the questionable ingredients Starbucks uses in the mix.... blerg). So, know what I get when I have a hankerin' for a PSL? Grande Blonde roast, one pump Pumpkin Spice syrup, add skim milk. Bam. All the PSL flavor, none of the wonky / gross stuff. Try it. You're welcome.
- Additional coffee choice: Pumpkin Spice coffee from Wawa or Dunkin' Donuts. JUST as good, if not better.
- Did anyone else watch the series premier of Red Band Society last night?? I've been waiting for that one for a while. Got to say, I liked it - it's the sort of cheesy show I can get behind, knowing that it's probably going to make me cry a lot because I'm emotional like that. C, on the other hand? Pretty sure that's one he will not be watching with me.
- Speaking of television, I am stoked for fall TV to be back! I can't wait for the new seasons of American Horror Story: Freak Show (I'll probably never go to a carnival again), Sleepy Hollow, Bones, and all my other usual faves. What are you watching this fall?
- I have a shopping date with my mama this weekend and I can't wait. I am in desperate need of some new pieces. I have been throwing things into Goodwill boxes left and right (C probably thinks I've lost my mind), but I am just so tired of all the worn-out pieces in my closet. Must remedy. Slowly. But surely.
- I've been reviewing some resumes at work lately for a position that needs to be filled, and the amount of spelling errors and other mistakes that I've seen are mind-boggling. If there was ever a time to make sure a document is absolutely perfect, it's when you're applying for a job. Please, for the love of heaven, at least use spell-check, if not your most trust-worthy grammar queen (or king). Come on, people!
- C and I watched the end of both the Orioles game and the Nationals game the other night, the ones where they clinched the divisions, and we watched as they went into the locker rooms to celebrate. While C was just excited about the success of the teams, I was focused in on the fact that so many of the guys were having SO much trouble opening the champagne bottles. I know they were excited and bouncing off the walls, but still.It was kind of hilarious! So much struggle. Apparently, they did not perfect that skill in college.... #sororitygirltalents
- Has anyone updated to iOS8 yet? I backed up my phone and cleared a million things off of it to make space last night, but I haven't actually pulled the trigger. Can someone please reassure me that it'll be ok? I'm scared!
So what's going on in your world? How's your coffee? How's your day? Tell me something interesting!